As the corona virus situation develops, we believe the role of the Victory Heights Community Council is two-fold:
- Disseminating accurate information
- Encourage neighbors to support homebound neighbors (if/when appropriate)
We encourage you to read from the websites below and stay informed. The situation is nuanced and developing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Wash your hands often
with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to
the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Masks are not recommended for people who are well. Face masks are necessary for health workers and people who are taking care of someone at home or in a health care facility.
Be thinking about…
- How a temporary closure of your child care center, school, place of worship, sporting event, concert, festival, conference, etc. would impact your life. How would you adapt?
Be safe, don’t panic, and wash your hands! YOUR Victory Heights Community Council