Beginning Tuesday, June 30th, Sound Transit will close the Interstate 5 northbound on-ramp at Northgate Way. The nighttime closure will be utilized to form caps for the future light rail guideway. This closure will take place between the work hours of 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Roads will be closed for crews to form caps for the guideway.
- Suggested detour route is located on 1st Avenue Northeast (see map).
- Work consists of heavy equipment and cranes.
- Full closures will occur during work hours and re-open during non-work hours.
- Tuesday night, June 30th and Wednesday night, July 1st. Work will resume Monday night, July 6th and Tuesday night, July 7th.
- Night construction work hours are from 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- On-ramp will remain open outside of work hours.
- Northbound I-5 Northgate Way on-ramp.
- See map for suggested detour routes.