Your Voice Your Choice is a participatory budgeting initiative in which Seattle residents democratically decide how to spend a portion of the City’s budget on small-scale park and street improvements. A total of $3 million has been allocated in the 2018 budget and residents can participate in the district where they live, work, go to school, receive services, or volunteer.
Victory Heights has three requests up for consideration:
1) Traffic calming measures on NE 115th St between Pinehurst Way and Lake City Way
2) NE 104th Way heading down to Lake City Way NE
3) 24th Ave NE heading down to Lake City Way NE
These projects, along with several others in the area, will be discussed at upcoming meetings. Participants are responsible for evaluating the project ideas that are submitted based on need at the project location & community benefit of the proposed project.
Neighbors, we all know these walkways are hazardous for pedestrians but we’re competing against many other, also worthwhile, projects for funding. Please mark your calendars and plan on attending one, or all, of these meetings.
The more support we can show for these projects, the better our chances of making it happen!!
• Project #1 will be discussed this Wednesday, February 28th, from 1 – 3pm at the Lake City Community Center (12531 28th Ave NE)
• Projects #2 and #3 will be discussed Wednesday, March 14th, from 6 – 8pm at the Meadowbrook Community Center (10517 35th Ave NE)
If you cannot attend these particular meetings, but would like to evaluate the Project List that will be discussed at that meeting, you may attend one of these meetings:
– March 3rd, 11am – 1pm
Little Brook Meeting, Jackson Park Tutoring Center – 14374 30th NE
– March 14th, 3 – 5pm
North Seattle College, ESD/WorkSource Building, Room 142 – 9600 College Way N
– March 15th, 5:30 – 7:30pm
Broadview Branch Library – 12755 Greenwood Ave N
Bring a Neighbor! Each One, Reach One!!
– Need a ride? Contact Ann at VictoryHeights.Seattle@gmail.com, or (360) 550-2234.