As we move into nicer weather and hopefully past pandemic restrictions, the Victory Heights Community Council is gearing up for another productive year, but we need your help.
Read the minutes of our March community council meeting.
For the first time in a long time (20 years?) we have robust Board of Trustees in place, but we are always on the lookout for more participation. Trustees need to either be involved with one of our neighborhood committees or serve as an officer on the Council (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, or Secretary).
Amongst the things we are involved in:
- The return of Food Truck Fridays, starting May 6th. We’ll be moving it to dinner time (6-8 PM), feature new (and more trucks) than last year, and we’ll be closing 19th Avenue NE next to the park to traffic so folks can come, relax, and enjoy their food along with (hopefully) lots of sunny, warm weather.
- We are going to apply for a matching grant to hire someone to advise us on traffic calming, and to “pay” for it we will be doing volunteer hours working to clean up the sidewalks along Lake City Way.
- Our By-Laws need revising. It’s been nine years and some things need updating. We hope to present these to the community in April to approve.
- New signs: We need to advertise our Monday night community meetings, and other events.
- Teen Feed: Every 2nd Monday of the month, Victory Heights provides food for the Teen Feed, these are preset meals, you only have to make a single contribution. Sign-up at VH.TeenFeed@gmail.com.
- We need someone to be our representative at the Northeast District Council meetings. Just once a month.
- Looking for a volunteer to help assemble some handwashing stations (which will be deployed during Food Truck Fridays, among others). We have the parts, and instructions, just need someone handy.
Think you can help? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page.