Hopefully all of you received a flyer with information about connecting in Victory Heights. Many thanks to the folks that contributed to that 50-hour project. If you aren’t on our distribution list yet you can join here (https://mailchi.mp/d5e4dd948b74/vhcc).
- Neighbors without internet access: the flyer had a phone number so they could reach out and stay connected. We’ve heard from one neighbor so far. The number is (804) 557-4273 if you know folks who would like to stay connected but lost the number.
- Great job on maintaining social distance! Parents – you’re doing a wonderful job keeping your kids active without using the playground equipment. Strong work!
- Supporting one another: No one has contacted the Victory Heights Community Council asking for help; please continue checking in on neighbors you believe might be struggling.
- As this public health crisis continues, we anticipate the needs to grow. Please use the “Help Map” on NextDoor to indicate that you are willing to help. Or to find someone close to you that can help. If you need an invitation to join NextDoor, please reach out to a neighbor who uses the site or contact us at VictoryHeights.Seattle@gmail.com. If you struggle with the commentary on NextDoor, there are ways to reduce that. Please experiment. NextDoor is not perfect but it’s very helpful in these unusual times.
- National Public Health Week starts April 6th. We’re working on an idea to show support for our local health clinic. More on that later…
- Block Captains! – We’re eager to support you in your mission of connecting neighbors. Current, or potential, Block Captains are invited to gather virtually (via Zoom) on April 14th at 6:30pm. You can just phone in if that’s easier. Information below. NO obligation; If you just want to listen in to decide if you want the job, that’s fine.
- Community (virtual) meeting – Tuesday, April 21st, at 7pm. ALL are welcome. You can just phone in if that’s easier. Information below. Agenda to be announced…
Please take care,
Your Victory Heights Community Council
Ann, Brad, and Ryan
Virtual meeting information:
1. Download Zoom to your computer/mobile device BEFORE the meeting. https://zoom.us
2. Join from your computer 5-10 minutes prior to the meeting start.
Call-in only info:
Phone number: (669) 900-6833
Meeting ID is 123-356-661